Friday, April 15, 2005

“The Kippa Tan Line”


Last Shabbos I ran into a problem that plagues me every year. The Kippa Tan Line”.

Last Shabbos was one of the first nice warm days of the spring and after shul I spent some time being sociable and talking with the neighbors. The usual inane crap and gossip.

The problem started a little later that afternoon when my wife commented on how I got a lot of color. That’s when I panicked. Unlike some people, I can’t a tan or get color without putting in the proper planning. You see, I’m a member of a very dicriminated against group in society by being, shall we say, folically challenged. And don’t wear a kippa at work. If I don’t take the proper precautions, I end up with a nice base color all over my face, neck and any part of the head not covered by the kippa and when I take the kippa off, I’m left looking like a complete nincompoop with a white, untanned dome. And I go through this at the beginning of every spring.

*sigh*

Since it was Shabbos, I held onto the hope that by Monday morning the line differentiating ‘tan’ from ‘non-tan’ would not be so discernable. All I can say is that it was and thank g-d for makeup.

Any of you ‘inventors’ out there have any ideas?

4 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger Air Time said...

They have these translucent signs you can stick to your back window of your car, so you can let the whole world know you are a red wing fan and still see out the back window.

You need to take one of those and make it into a kippa.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Just Passing Through said...

Yeah, real nice. Then I'll have like a thousand little red dots on my head in the shape of a wheel with a wing sticking out. :-)

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Air Time said...

Maybe yopu could have them do it in a snoopy shape

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

baseball cap

 

Post a Comment

<< Home