Friday, July 15, 2005

Building Collapse Irony

Yesterday a building collapsed in Manhattan injuring 5 people- a 7 month child being one of them. The child was not breathing when she was pulled out of the rubble but was revived during the trip to the hospital and will be OK.

Her stroller is being credited with saving her as it collapsed around her, forming a protective barrier around her and shielding her from the rubble falling around her.
"I ran over. We picked up the stroller, [which was] completely covered with debris and scaffolding . . . Inside the stroller, I found the baby, looking like she was in a cocoon."
The irony here is that should you now be interested in buying this stroller (I mean it did save this kids life), I wouldn't recommend it- it's under recall.

1 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger Just Passing Through said...

I hear you there. $600?! That's insane. I just can't afford to prepare for the eventuality of a local building collapse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home