Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Where's MY Tea Room?!

Godol Hador puts out a funny post that just makes my stomach rumble even louder! I feel it necessary to post something for my fellow Jews who have to miss all the zoo trips and go into the office on Chol HaMoed (now really, which would you prefer?).

Working on Succos always presents a challenge because you need to find a place that has a succa to eat. But usually those places can be found. This is New York after all. On the other hand, Pesach (pronounced Peh-sach, not Pay-sach) presents a whole different challenge. Obviously, you're limited to bringing food from home since mir misht nisht. The question is, what foods can you bring in while at the same time manage to limit the curious questions and comments from the co-workers? I don't have my own office (we're in an open environment) and have no desire to munch on matza shmeared with jelly or cream cheese while everyone asks me to stop making so much noise so that they can work.

So instead, I brought a yogurt and some selzter and starved. Dignity before satiation.

7 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger Air Time said...

I went to nmy parents house during my lunch break and came back here with coldcuts and chicken.

I agree with you completely, but a growing boy has got to eat.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger and so it shall be... said...

i'm on a certain, centrally located avenue with many kosher stores, some of which have kosher for pesach food. Yet, due to my laziness and forgetfulness (didn't bring luch today), i'm starving!

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Lyss said...

My co-workers tend not to ask, since most have seen, and even tasted, matzoh before...so long as I don't keep it out on my desk. (when cleaning out one of the cabinets above the desk in my cube I found a box of matzoh from last Passover). But it is not very convienient to have to deal with trying to deal with all the crumbs created by the matzoh all around the desk area.

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger VOS IZ NEIAS said...

I did go to the zoo, but the children gave all the Matzah for the giraffes

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Just Passing Through said...

Matzah in the keyboard. Try explaining THAT to tech support.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Karl said...

A non-J worker came up to me and said, "those jewish crackers of yours, I really like them. They tast best with some peanut butter though."
I had to agree with him, though I dont eat kitnios.

Great blog.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Just Passing Through said...

"Jewish Crackers". Now he's mixing up two ethnic slurs :-)
Ok, that wasn't nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home