Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Sistine Chapel

So the media is now occupied with the Vatican, the Conclave and the elections for a new pope. Personally I couldn’t care less. Besides, I know the whole process already - I read “The Da Vinci Code”. Although I don’t think the book mentioned the Conclave taking place on top of a fake floor that hides an array of anti-communication and jamming devices. Cool.

I DID read something cool in yesterday's paper though. Did you know the Sistine Chapel, built between 1475 and 1483 and painted by Michelangelo is 40.93 meters long and 13.41 meters wide, the same dimensions of Solomon’s Temple as described in the Old Testament. Now that is interesting. So take a look at a picture of the inside of the Sistine Chapel and you’ll have an idea of the size of the Beis HaMikdash.

3 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger Air Time said...

Do you think that measurements are really the same?

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Just Passing Through said...

You know, I didn't bother to check. But do you think the church would LIE?! Naaaah.

 
At 1:38 AM, Anonymous Reid Paul said...

This was a lovely blog postt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home