Sunday, January 02, 2005

The bags are packed...

I remember how after 9-11, everyone suddenly had proof where it was written somewhere how right before moshiach arrives, the 'two towers' will come down. Cute, and it had me going for a while. Being right before Rosh Hashanah didn't hurt either. There were more that freaked me out at the time, but I can't remember them just now.

In the 4+ years since, I've gotten a little more cynical. Really. So when this world calamity happened in the far-east last week, I knew that it was only a matter of time till the stories start. I didn't have to wait too long. My wife gets off the phone this evening and tells me that Rav______, one of the more prominant gedolei hador, said that this is a sign form God that klal yisroel is doing something right since he chose to direct this disaster in an area light in jews. Nevermind that, statistically, just about any spot on the planet earth is light in jews; unless he chose to send the tsunami to Boro Park (so much room here, but I wont go there) or Israel.

Then I remembered reading just the opposite the other day. How we are in the birth-pangs of mashiach ( I sure hope so) and that God chose this location to show his displeasure "where many of our compatriots went to look for this-worldly lusts." So which is it?

Either way, there is no doubt in my mind that a message is being sent. According to Rva Kaduri, we are in the 4th year of the 7-year cycle of mashiach's arrival. In fact, he's in Eretz Yiroel as we speak. (if you're reading this, we're waiting!!!)

All this aside, we should definately respond to the call to increase acts of kindness. Spooky or not, that can never hurt.

1 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger and so it shall be... said...

P-Dudi, wouldn't it be great if all these self-righteous assholes would just shut up? I can't stand when a disaster strikes and all the bigmouths start passing judgement on others.

I can hardly see a divine justification in killing 150,000 people because a couple of Israelis like to diddle their fiddle on the beach after active duty.

It just rankles that people would take any satisfaction in the fact that b/c there are less Jews in Indonesia, that G-d is just peachy with us.

I remember the same crap after 9/11. The Rambam says that if you're frustrated because you can't find something you're looking for in your house, that's a piece of your punishment in the next world being taken away.

I wish a few people in Flatbush would look heavenward to thank g-d when they can't find a parking spot instead of cursing and going crazy. (I'm giving thanks b/c I can't figure out how to post links!)

It's a shame there are certain rabbis who are so inecure and personally flawed that they must assess G-d's judemenets. It would be nice though, if they could keep it to themselves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home