Friday, April 21, 2006

Train accident

I'm not sure why I'm bothering as I don't think anyone visits here, but yom tov is over, I'm stuffed with chametz and content, so what the heck.

Coming in to work today had me sitting on the train with some 'train-buddies' when I began getting blackberry messages of co-workers who will be getting in late as a result of disrupted service due to a person getting hit by a Long Island Rail Road train. As I relayed the news to the train-buddies, our reactions to the news made me wonder. Rather than, 'Oh my gosh, that's terrible' or 'I hope he's ok', I found our first reaction was more like 'crap, I hope this doesn't affect our line', or 'why couldn't he pick another line to jump in front of the train?' or 'I hope they don't put us on shuttles like the last time this happened'... crazy, no?

Do you think we were the only twisted ones with those first reactions or do you think the same?

3 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger and so it shall be... said...

I'd say the same thing....even if the guy actually got killed.

(AP) ROCKVILLE CENTRE A Long Island Rail Road train hit and killed a person just west of the Rockville Centre station Friday morning, a spokesman for the railroad said.

Authorities were investigating the incident, which occurred around 5:18 a.m., LIRR spokesman Bob Brennan said.

Service in both directions on the Babylon branch was suspended for about two hours, with limited service restored around 7:30 a.m. Montauk-bound trains were being diverted to the LIRR's main line.

Passengers are advised to make their way to the Main Line, Long Beach Branch, Hempstead Branch and West Hempstead Branch trains.

There is no word on the exact cause or location of the accident.

 
At 3:34 AM, Blogger Rafi G. said...

I have thought that on many occassions. In addition to that, another twisted thought that has gone through my head, when notified that someone was hit by the train (or even just regular traffic) causing backups, I have thought many a time that I hope I at least get to see blood so as to make the delay "worthwhile".

We are sick.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Just Passing Through said...

Wow. Rafi, you ARE sick!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home