Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Distasteful

When Cindy Sheehan began her one-woman protest out at George Bush's ranch in Texas I sympathized with her, even though I disagreed with her. After all, she did lose a son and had every right to want answers. Even after she made her stupid comments regarding the Iraqi war and Israel, I still held back from judging her too much.

Then, as the media attention grew and every liberal/commie and anti-war idiot around gravitated to her, I started losing patience. As time went on, she seemed to be less of a grieving mother and more of an attention-loving protester. First she had claimed her protest would only be for the summer. Then she took her cause on a nationwide tour. Is it even her cause, or has she now farmed herself out to the anti-war movement?

Then yesterday she was arrested while protesting in front of the white house. When I saw the images, I lost whatever little amount of sympathy I had left for her. As she's being arrested, she looks like she's having a ball.

"whooHOO! Look at me! Take more pictures of me! This is fun!"

I'm sorry, but she's lost all her credibility and I think she's just dishonoring her son's memory.

Just my two-sense.

5 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogging fuels resolve and discussion about CBC lockout
The Manitoban Blogging and podcasting are allowing locked-out CBC workers and managers to communicate in ways never before possible.
Find out how you can buy and sell anything, like music on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want!

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger weltate said...

the truth is that no one should ever know from losing a child. i think she has simply gone insaine from the suffering. instead of being told to go home and get help she is pushed on by the left wing.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Just Passing Through said...

I agree. But laughing and enjoying the spectacle??

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger weltate said...

people who have lost their minds do tend to laugh, and often not at things that are funny. but i do get your point. i'm not the biggest fan. i think the whole thing is rather sad.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Just Passing Through said...

so we're in agreement that she's lost her mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home