Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Distasteful

When Cindy Sheehan began her one-woman protest out at George Bush's ranch in Texas I sympathized with her, even though I disagreed with her. After all, she did lose a son and had every right to want answers. Even after she made her stupid comments regarding the Iraqi war and Israel, I still held back from judging her too much.

Then, as the media attention grew and every liberal/commie and anti-war idiot around gravitated to her, I started losing patience. As time went on, she seemed to be less of a grieving mother and more of an attention-loving protester. First she had claimed her protest would only be for the summer. Then she took her cause on a nationwide tour. Is it even her cause, or has she now farmed herself out to the anti-war movement?

Then yesterday she was arrested while protesting in front of the white house. When I saw the images, I lost whatever little amount of sympathy I had left for her. As she's being arrested, she looks like she's having a ball.

"whooHOO! Look at me! Take more pictures of me! This is fun!"

I'm sorry, but she's lost all her credibility and I think she's just dishonoring her son's memory.

Just my two-sense.

2 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Just Passing Through said...

I agree. But laughing and enjoying the spectacle??

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Just Passing Through said...

so we're in agreement that she's lost her mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home