Monday, January 23, 2006

I've got a busy day ahead of me but I saw an article in today's NY Post that I'll bet $10 Orthomom is writing about as we speak. Let's see if I get this out first.

Breaking News: Borough Park is the baby-boom capital of NY. Wow. Who would've ever thought. What did surprise me is that BP beat out Williamsburgh. All those Yuppies have now ruined Williamsburgh's chances in this contest. Rats.

All in all, while I'm personally not one for 12 kids, I thought that those who were interviewed gave a wonderful perspective.
"Children make our households beautiful" said Faigy Schwartz
Faye Cisner, a mother of 8 ("with more on the way"), describes her daily routine which includes daily never-ending laudry and meals served in shifts:
"There's juggling. It get's a bit overwhelming. But it's an amazing experience," Faye said.

"Each child is a jewel."
She ended with what I though was the best line in the article:
"My goal is to have every child go to school and to sleep with a smile. You can't sell that," the proud mom added.
Kol HaKavod Faye. In an age when the paper brings us more and more misery, with children getting tortured and killed in their own homes, you bring a true yiddishe perspective and a kiddush Hashem.

**Update: I was right. Orthomom WAS writing this up too. Ha.***

1 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger orthomom said...

I'll bet $10 Orthomom is writing about as we speak.

LOL! You are right, and 10$ your way. I will add a link to my post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home